Suppose you pursue higher education or apply for a job or visa in Pakistan or abroad. In that case, you may need to get your educational documents attested and verified by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC). The IBCC is a statutory body that grants equivalence and attestation to the certificates and diplomas issued by various boards and institutions within and outside Pakistan.
The IBCC Equivalence process can be done online or offline, depending on your preference and convenience. In this article, we’ll be able to guide you through the steps of how to schedule an appointment online for IBCC Equivalence, how to download the required form, and what documents you need to submit for your qualifications.
What is IBCC Equivalence, and why do you need it?
IBCC Equivalence is verifying and authenticating your educational documents by the IBCC. It is required for various purposes, such as:
- If you want to pursue higher education in Pakistan or abroad, you may need to get your secondary and higher secondary certificates or diplomas equivalent to the Pakistani system.
- If you want to apply for a job or a visa in Pakistan or abroad, you may need to get your educational documents attested and verified by IBCC.
- If you want to change your name, date of birth, or any other information on your educational documents, you may need to get them corrected and updated by IBCC.
How do I schedule an appointment online for IBCC Equivalence?
To schedule an appointment online for IBCC Equivalence, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the IBCC online Equivalence portal and register yourself by providing your full name, father’s name, CNIC number, email address, phone number, and password. You will receive a verification email with a link to activate your account.
- Log in to your account and click on “Apply Online” from the dashboard. Select the type of service you want to apply for (equivalence or attestation) and fill in the required details such as board name, certificate name, roll number, year of passing, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of your original documents (such as SSC/HSSC/Diploma certificates and transcripts) and their verification letters from the issuing authorities in PDF format. The file size should be at most 200 KB per document.
- Please review your application and submit it. You will receive an email confirmation with an application number and a fee challan form.
- Print the fee challan form and pay the prescribed fee at any Habib Bank Limited (HBL) branch within 15 days of submission. The fee varies depending on the type and number of documents you have submitted. You can check the latest fee structure on the IBCC website or contact them for more information.
- After paying the fee, log in to your account again and click on “Schedule Appointment” from the dashboard. Select the date and time slot from the options that work best for you. You can only schedule one appointment for each application. You can also reschedule or cancel your appointment up to 24 hours before the scheduled time.
- Confirm your appointment and print the confirmation slip. You will also receive an email confirmation with a QR code.
How do you download the IBCC Equivalence form?
If you prefer to apply offline for IBCC Equivalance, you can download the IBCC Equivalance form from their website and fill it out manually. You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- Original documents and their photocopies
- Verification letters from the concerned boards or authorities
- Fee challan receipt
- CNIC or Form B of the applicant or authorized person
- Passport and visa copies (in case of students from abroad)
- You can submit your application at any IBCC regional offices across Pakistan or send it by courier service.
What are the required documents for equivalence?
Suppose you have obtained your qualifications from abroad or from non-formal systems such as O/A levels, IB diploma, American high school diploma, etc… In that case, you may need to apply for equivalence from IBCC. The equivalence process is similar to the attestation process, except that you need to provide some additional documents, such as:
- Proof of registration for the certificate or diploma
- English translation of certificates or diplomas from the National University of Modern Languages (NUML) or the concerned embassy
- Syllabus of subjects studied from the official record of the institution
- Earlier SSC equivalence certificate issued by IBCC (if any)
- Nomination letter from the Economic Affairs Division (EAD) or concerned embassy (in case of foreign nationals)
- Provisional certificate or copy of the letter with marks already issued by IBCC (if any)
- You can find more details about the required documents for equivalence on the IBCC website.
How long does it take to get IBCC attestation or equivalence?
The IBCC attestation or equivalence process usually takes 15 to 20 working days, depending on the workload and availability of staff. However, you can also apply for urgent attestation or equivalence, which takes 3 to 5 working days, by paying an extra fee of Rs. 1000 per document.
You can track the status of your application online by logging in to your account and clicking on “Track Application” from the dashboard. You can also contact the IBCC helpline at 051-9106630 or email them at [email protected] for any queries or complaints.
IBCC attestation and equivalence are important steps to validate and recognize your educational documents in Pakistan and abroad. You can apply for them online or offline, depending on your convenience and preference. Please submit your original documents, their verification letters, the fee challan, and the attestation or equivalence form. You can schedule an appointment online for IBCC Equivalence and choose the best date and time slot for your visit. You can also download the IBCC Equivalence form from their website and submit it at any of their regional offices. You can track the status of your application online and receive your attested or equivalent documents within 15 to 20 working days.
We hope this article has helped you understand how to schedule an appointment online for IBCC Equivalence, how to download the required form, and what documents you need to submit for the equivalence of your qualifications. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.